Concurrent Award of the BBA in Accounting and the Master of Accountancy (The Combined BBA/MAcc Plan)
Requirements for Admission to the BBA/MAcc Plan
Students are admitted to the College of Business Administration and to the accounting major based on requirements listed in the Undergraduate Catalog. Students must be admitted to the Graduate School and the Master of Accountancy program based on requirements listed in the Graduate Catalog except that the completion of a Baccalaureate degree is not required. There is no conditional admission to Graduate School under this plan.
- Requirements related to undergraduate course work:
- Completion of the Non-Business Foundation and Business Foundation Requirements with an average of 3.0 or better in ENGL 1312, MATH 1320, MATH 2301, ACCT 2301, ACCT 2302, ECON 2303, ECON 2304, and QMB 2301.
- Completion of nine hours of non-accounting Business Core Courses.
- Completion of twelve hours of accounting courses including ACCT 3321, ACCT 3322, and two of the following: ACCT 3320, ACCT 3323, or ACCT 3327.
- Achievement of a minimum GPA of 2.7 in all junior and senior level accounting courses taken prior to admission. These accounting courses are restricted to the ones listed in the Major Option Requirements for the BBA degree in Accounting.
- Requirements for unconditional admission to the Master of Accountancy program:
- A satisfactory score on the Graduate Management Admissions Test (GMAT) of at least 450, and three out of five ("acceptable") or better on the analytical writing portion.
- The GMAT score plus 200 times the GPA on all undergraduate and graduate work previously completed must equal 1050 or more; or the GMAT score plus 200 times the upper-division and graduate-level GPA must equal 1100 or more.
- A GPA of a least 2.7 on all undergraduate and graduate-level work already completed.
- Foreign students require a minimum TOEFL score of 600.
STUDENTS MUST BE ADMITTED TO THE GRADUATE SCHOOL BEFORE TAKING ANY COURSES FOR GRADUATE CREDIT.
STUDENTS SHOULD PLAN TO APPLY FOR ADMISSION TO THE GRADUATE SCHOOL DURING THEIR JUNIOR YEAR.
A GPA OF 3.0 ON ALL WORK TAKEN BEYOND THE 90TH SEMESTER HOUR OF CREDIT IS REQUIRED TO REMAIN IN THE GRADUATE PROGRAM.