5. Lower Division Program
- A student entering the College of Engineering must complete the designated lower-
division course block prior to enrolling in the upper-division engineering sequence
or any junior/senior classes. The lower-division course block is comprised of English,
science, engineering, and mathematics courses listed in the freshman and sophomore
- a. Enrollment in the upper-division courses prior to completion of the lower-division
requires permission of the student's department chairperson.
- Substitutions for the lower-division course requirements require the permission of the
student's department chairperson.
- Completion of the lower-division block also requires a minimum 2.0 GPA for the lower-
division courses designated by the department and a "C" or better in certain
- Any student who does not satisfy the "C" minimum rule in the appropriately designated
courses must repeat those courses.
- Any student who has not met the requirements for satisfactory completion of the lower- division block as stated above or who fails to make satisfactory progress toward a degree will be denied subsequent enrollment in the College of Engineering.