Transfer and Military Students

You are considered a transfer student if you have 12 or more transferable credits from another college or university and have a cumulative GPA of 2.0 or higher.

Undergraduate transfer students:

  • Go to ApplyTexas and complete an application.
  • Request to have your official transcripts sent to UTEP.
  • If you are an international student, pay the $65 application fee.


  • Official transcripts from all institutions attended must be emailed directly from the previous institutions to UTEP. Please be sure to provide your previous academic institutions with the appropriate address.
  • If you are currently taking courses at another institution, be sure to request your transcript after grades have been posted to avoid them having to send your transcripts twice.

Undergraduate applicants:

Office of Admissions & Recruitment
Attn: UTEP Connect
102 Academic Services Building
The University of Texas at El Paso
500 W. University Ave.
El Paso, TX 79968-0510


UTEP Connect welcomes military-affiliated students to its programs. We’ve been named a “Top Military-Friendly University”, a “Best for Vets College” and a "Top School for Military Advanced Education and Transition" in 2016, and our Military Student Success Center is here to help in every way. We have a couple of videos available that will help you learn more about what we do: Take a look at our Educational Benefits video if you are interested in funding your education at UTEP Connect through military benefits. Our Orientation Overview video can give you more general information about the services we have to offer. And of course, if you have more questions or need additional information, you can always visit the Military Student Success Center website at any time or contact them at: 915-747-5342 or