Graduation Frequently Asked Questions
Click over the question to see the answer.
All College of Business Administration students must be cleared for graduation one semester prior to their expected graduation semester.
Before making an appointment with your advisor, seniors who are eligible for graduation must complete the online Graduation Clearance compliance. The Graduation Clearance compliance link will be emailed to you by your advisor at the beginning of the semester. After your advising session, you will need to submit the advising form (with CRN numbers), Application for Bachelor’s Degree, and the COBA exit survey to the Office of Undergraduate Programs in BUSN 104. Once you submit these three forms, your advisor will register you for the classes written in the advising form, including the MGMT 4300 (using the CRNs provided by you). These forms must be submitted prior to the day when senior registration opens.
- COBA Advising Form
- Application for Bachelor’s Degree
- COBA Exit Survey
At the beginning of each semester, eligible students should receive an email from their assigned advisor with the Graduation Clearance Compliance link. If students do not receive this email, please contact our office at 747-5174.
- Should have a major declared (BBA).
- Should have a minimum overall and business GPA of 2.0.
- Accounting students should also have a minimum Accounting GPA of 2.0.
- Double majors should fulfill all requirements for both majors.
- Should have a minimum of 144 credit hours.
- The second major requires additional 24 credit hours or 8 classes.
- A class cannot be counted in both majors.
- Should have a total of at least 25% of the semester hours (30 semester hours) completed at UTEP.
- Should have 21 credit hours or less to complete a degree.
- If your 1st degree is from UTEP, then students must complete at least 24 credit hours (8 classes).
- If your 1st degree is from a Texas university but NOT from UTEP, then students must complete at least 30 credit hours (10 classes).
- If your 1st degree is from a Non-Texas University, then students must also complete 6 credit hours in History and 6 credit hours in Political Science.
- Summa Cum Laude (Highest Honors) UTEP grade point average of 3.90 or above- Gold cord
- Magna Cum Laude (High Honor) UTEP grade point average of 3.80- White cord
- Cum Laude (Honors) UTEP grade point average of 3.5- College color cord (Business color Drab)
- Go online to www.utep.edu/records under “Student Forms” open the “Application for Bachelor’s Degree” form.
- Enter your personal information.
- Make sure you read the “IMPORTANT” section as well as the back of the form.
- Check the box pertaining to your graduation semester as well as the attending or not attending ceremony box.
1. Pete's Payment Options
• Go to www.sbs.utep.edu and select Pay Tuition Now
2. Diploma - Following submission of grades by the faculty, departments, and advisors, the College will do a final audit of the student academic records to ensure that students have met all degree requirements. Degree awarded will be posted on the student’s transcript about six to seven weeks after grades have been released.
- Degree awarded will be posted on the student’s transcript about six to seven weeks after grades have been released.
- One complimentary official transcript will be available through the Records Office.
- Students will receive your original diploma about twelve weeks after graduation by mail.
- It is extremely important that the MAILING address is correct in our system. If the address needs to be updated, then please contact the Registration and Records Office in MLASB 107.
- It is also important to ensure that students do not have holds that will delay the diploma. The most common holds that affect graduation and diplomas are “Balance Due” and “Exit/Default.” Contact Student Business Services at 747-5116 for information on the balance due hold.
The purpose of this program is to provide a financial incentive for students to complete a bachelor's degree with as few courses outside the degree plan as possible. Students qualify for the $1,000 rebate if they have attempted no more than three semester credit hours in excess of the minimum number of hours required for their degree. Eligibility requirements include:
- First college course must be taken in Fall 1997 or later.
- Student must have been a Texas resident at all times while pursuing a degree.
- Student must have been entitled to pay in-state tuition at all times while pursuing the degree.
- Student must graduate with in four calendar years for a four-year degree program.
- Graduating with their first Bachelor’s Degree with at the most 3 hours over the minimum required for a Bachelor’s Degree.
- Student must not have graduated yet by the time of application.
- Application can be found at the following link: www.utep.edu/records.
List of requirements must be met:
- Have a minimum cumulative 3.25 GPA.
- Show sustained involvement, service, and leadership on campus and in the community.
- Provide three single-page letters of recommendation.
- Cap, Gown, Tassel, and Hood
- Exclusive Commemorative Class of 2017 Medallion.
- 1 Year Membership to UTEP Alumni Association.
For more information click on the following link: https://alumni.utep.edu/gradfair