The UTEP MBA Program offers an Accelerated MBA (AMBA)—a fast-track, cohort style MBA option that combines quality, convenience, and affordability for the region’s working professionals. Through the AMBA, students can complete their UTEP MBA degree in just two years by attending class twice a week at the UTEP Graduate Business Center in downtown El Paso.
Spring 2019 Accelerated MBA Classes Start in:
Accelerated MBA Features
- Designed for
highly motivatedprofessionals from a wide-rangeof backgrounds including healthcare, engineering, education, government, and business.
- UTEP College of Business Administration faculty
usea variety of instructional formats including the case method and class projects to demonstrate real-world applications .
- AMBA students benefit from
the networking, team-building, and synergies created by progressing through the entire curriculum as a cohort.
- AMBA classes enjoy catered meals and
other time-saving extras .
- Earn your MBA
inthe same time it would take a fulltimeMBA student.
The 48 credit
Accounting for Management
Effective Management of Human Resources
Concepts of Production Management
Organizational Management Seminar
Management Strategy and Policy
Quantitative Methods in Business
Business Law and Ethics
Three Electives in Concentration Area
Two MBA Free Electives
MBA Concentration Areas (9 semester hours)
- Business Informatics for Healthcare (online only)
- International Business
- Operations & Supply Chain Management
- Organizational Behavior & Human Resource Management
- Healthcare Management
Class Format and Meeting Schedule
The AMBA program will launch one cohort (35-40 students) every fall and spring semester. Students take one class every six weeks—three courses in
Students entering the program during the Fall semester will join a cohort that will meet on Tuesday evenings from
Students entering the program during the Spring semester will join a cohort that will meet on Monday and Thursday evenings from
MBA Program Earns International Ranking
Admission to the Accelerated MBA Program
|Accelerated MBA Application
|Fall Mexican Citizens||May 01|
|Fall International Non-Mexican||April 01|
|Spring US Applicants||November 15|
|Spring Mexican Citizens||October 01|
|Spring International Non-Mexican||September 01|
- Applications must be complete in order to receive an admission recommendation. Applications are considered on a rolling basis. Early submissions are encouraged.
- Late applications will be accepted and evaluated as quickly as possible. However, admission recommendations cannot be guaranteed before the
Applicants should submit the following in order to be considered for admission to the Accelerated MBA Program:
- Online Application for Admission into a Graduate Degree Program: Apply Online >>
- Official transcript from an accredited institution demonstrating completion of a four-year Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent in the case of an international institution) and official transcripts from all colleges or universities attended. Official transcripts for degrees earned at UTEP are not required. *
- Statement of Purpose, not to exceed one page, which may include a description of the applicant's professional experience, educational background, career goals and/or socio-economic background. **
- Two letters of reference from professional and/or academic sources. **
- GMAT score * * Applicants who submit a transcript demonstrating a conferred graduate degree may request a GMAT waiver. Applicants with a cumulative undergraduate GPA of 3.50 or better from UTEP or a comparably accredited University may request a GMAT waiver. Applicants to the Accelerated MBA program with a cumulative undergraduate GPA of 3.30 or higher from UTEP or a comparably accredited University and at least one year of professional work experience may request conditional admission. To take the GMAT
Mini Quiz, click here.
- AMBA applicants must have at least one year of professional work experience.
- International applicants whose undergraduate degree was delivered in a language other than English are required to submit TOEFL scores of at least 250/600.
- Applicants may be interviewed by MBA Program staff as part of the evaluation process.
- International students must complete all additional steps listed on the International Student Checklist (PDF
* Unofficial scores and transcripts can be uploaded to the online application. Official
** These application documents can be uploaded to the online application.
Applicants must submit all of the materials listed above before an admission decision can be made.
Estimated Tuition & Fees
In State: $1,653.59 per three credit course; $26,457.44 for the 48 credit-hour program.
Out of State: $3,104.90 per three credit course; $49,678.40 for the 48 credit-hour program.
Based on in-state Fall 2018 tuition and fees. Every effort was made to provide accurate and up to date information. Terms and conditions are subject to change at the University’s discretion.