The Full-Time MBA delivers an interdisciplinary curriculum in a dynamic cross-border setting with a global focus. Students build on their language skills through an instructional component of Chinese and Spanish. They can also participate in Corporate Engagement Projects—for credit experiential learning courses. An international faculty core brings their industry and research expertise to the classroom. Additionally, students have the opportunity to expand their classroom through corporate engagement projects, international travel, and global research engagements.
Fall 2019 Full Time MBA Classes Start in:
Full-Time MBA Features
- Students complete their degree in 22 months.
- International travel and research engagements expand student global perspectives.
- Students have the opportunity to work on real-world business projects with Fortune 500 companies.
- A distinguished core of MBA professors from diverse academic and cultural backgrounds serve as mentors and advisors to our students.
- Professors use a variety of instructional formats, including the case method, simulations and class projects to demonstrate real-world applications.
- Full-Time MBA students benefit from networking, team building and other synergies created by progressing through the entire curriculum as a cohort.
- FTMBA students have the exclusive opportunity to participate in Corporate Engagement Projects—for credit experiential learning courses.
- A mid-program internship with a multinational corporation is required.
- Pursue an MBA in a multilingual and multicultural community with over five decades of success in global ventures.
Fellowships of up to $8000.00 per academic year are available for qualified applicants. Applicants must have the following minimal qualifications to be considered for fellowship funding: undergraduate GPA of 3.0 and a GMAT score of 600. Early applications are encouraged as fellowship funding is limited.
Students must complete 48 credit hours of Course of Study for the Master of Business Administration (MBA) which includes the Required Graduate Core plus 9 credit hours of the chosen MBA concentration course work.
Corporate Engagement Projects
- The Corporate Engagement Project’s (CEPs) are for-credit experiential learning courses meant to offer students an opportunity for professional development and access to potential employers.
- Project-centered courses are designed to provide students, working in small teams of three to five, the opportunity to apply and enhance their MBA education through a real-world directed activity with an expected outcome.
Admission to the Full-Time MBA Program
|Full-Time MBA Application Deadlines (Fall admission only)|
|Fall US Applicants||July 15|
|Fall Mexican Citizens||May 01|
|Fall International Non-Mexican||April 01|
Applicants should submit the following in order to be considered for admission to the Full-Time MBA Program:
- Online Application for Admission into a Graduate Degree Program: Apply Online >>
- Official transcript from an accredited institution demonstrating completion of a four-year Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent in the case of an international institution) and official transcripts from all colleges or universities attended. Official transcripts for degrees earned at UTEP are not required.*
- Statement of Purpose, not to exceed one page, which may include a description of the applicant's professional experience, educational background, career goals and/or socio-economic background.**
- Two letters of reference from professional and/or academic sources.**
- GMAT score* Applicants who submit a transcript demonstrating a conferred graduate degree may request a GMAT waiver. Applicants with a cumulative undergraduate GPA of 3.50 or better from UTEP or a comparably accredited University may request a GMAT waiver. To take the GMAT Mini Quiz, click here.
- International applicants whose undergraduate degree was delivered in a language other than English are required to submit TOEFL scores of at least 250/600.
- Applicants may be interviewed by MBA Program staff as part of the evaluation process.
- International students must complete all additional steps listed on the International Student Checklist (PDF).
* Unofficial scores and transcripts can be uploaded to the online application. Official scores and transcripts must be received by the Graduate School prior to enrollment.
** These application documents can be uploaded to the online application.
Applicants must submit all of the materials listed above before an admission decision can be made.
Estimated Tuition & Fees
In State: $1,492.45 per three credit course; $23,879.20 for the 48 credit-hour program.
Out of State: $2,847.30 per three credit course; $45,556.80 for the 48 credit-hour program.
Based on in-state Fall 2016 tuition and fees. Every effort was made to provide accurate and up to date information. Terms and conditions are subject to change at the University’s discretion.
Where Are Our Graduates Employed?
- American Express
- BNSF Railway Company
- Cardinal Health
- Dell Computers
- De Walt
- Delphi Automotive Systems
- El Paso Electric
- El Paso Hispanic Chamber of Commerce
- Federal Reserve Bank of Dallas, El Paso Branch
- Graham Capital Strategies
- Greater El Paso Chamber of Commerce
- HCA Healthcare
- Helen of Troy
- Henry Schein Dental
- Internal Revenue Service
- JM Smucker Company
- Johnson & Johnson
- Johnson Controls
- JP Morgan Chase Bank
- Lockheed Martin
- Mesilla Valley Transportation
- Proctor & Gamble
- Robert Bosch LLC/Automotive
- Segal Waters Consulting
- Tenet Healthcare Corporation
- Union Pacific
- Wells Fargo
- WestStar Bank
- Western Refining