Texas Gas Service Student Center
The Texas Gas Service Student Center, located on the first floor of the College of Business Administration, provides students with collaborative spaces for meetings, presentations, and study groups. The TGSSC includes two large mediated conference rooms, individual and group study rooms, and a computing lab equipped with (6) Bloomberg Terminals. Adjoining the TGSSC is the Western Refining Courtyard, an outdoor area that provides additional study and meeting space along with wireless network access.
|Monday||8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.|
|Tuesday||8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.|
|Wednesday||8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.|
|Thursday||8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.|
|Friday||10:00 a.m. - 3:30 p.m.|
Conference Room Reservations (110A, 110V, 110B and 110U)
- All reservations must be made at least 24 hours in advance. This is to ensure that the schedules we post on the doors of the reservable rooms are accurate and so we do not have to force people to leave or change rooms.
- The 2 large conference s rooms (A &V) can only be reserved by a group of at least 3 people. These rooms are intended to be used by groups of students due to their size. The other two rooms (B & U) can be reserved by individuals. There are several other smaller study rooms that can be used by smaller groups as needed, but they are not reservable.
- These rooms are only reservable for student-oriented events and meetings. Faculty and Staff have access to other rooms that can be used for their needs. Please contact CoBA IT Management and we will help find the best room available that meets your needs.
To make a reservation click on the button below, and we will contact you shortly.
Available Technology and Services
- (7) Windows-based desktop computers in individual study rooms equipped with dual monitors.
- (4) Study spaces with power and ethernet access for personal laptop use.
- (2) Large mediated conference rooms (A &V) where users can connect their own mobile devices.
- Conference Room V is equipped with SMART board interactive technology.
- Computing lab with (6) Bloomberg Terminals equipped with dual monitors.
- Black and white print release station with mobile printing capabilities.
- Wireless network connectivity throughout the TGSSC and courtyard.
- Media equipment checkout service available.
- Food or drinks are not allowed in the center.
- Please be courteous and limit the noise when using rooms.
- Reservations must be made in advance for use of the larger mediated conference rooms.
- Smaller team rooms and computer-equipped rooms are available on a first- come,
- As a common courtesy, rooms may not be used for more than four hours at a given time unless prior arrangements have been made with TGSSC staff.
- The TGSSC is designated as a student resource and rooms may not be used to hold staff or faculty office hours, conduct lectures, or for department meetings.
Computer Room Policies
- Do not save files locally on computers. Use personal storage devices or web-based storage services to save information.
- TGSSC staff is not responsible for the loss of personal data on computers.
- Removal of peripherals (monitors, mice, and keyboards) or any cabling is prohibited.
- Computers are not to be used to view content from streaming services (e.g. Netflix, Hulu, etc.).
- Please clean your work area after use and take any trash with you.
- Please report any issues to support staff located at the TGSSC service counter.
- Privileges may be revoked due to inappropriate use of computers in accordance with the University’s Information Resources Use and Security Policy.
|Equipment Type||Loan Period||Eligible Users|
|Dell Laptop (Windows 10)||2 days (48 hrs.)||Students, Staff, and Faculty|
|Portable Video Projector||2 days (48 hrs.)||Students, Staff, and Faculty|
|Audio Conference Phone||1 day (24 hrs.)||
Staff and Faculty.
Student-use only within TGSSC conference rooms.
|Camera (still or video)||3 days (72 hrs.)||Staff and Faculty|
|Web Cams and PC Peripherals||3 days (72 hrs.)||Staff and Faculty|
|Media Cart||1 business day (8 hrs.)||Students, Staff, and Faculty|
|Loan Period Disclaimer: Immediate renewals for any equipment are not permitted. Users must wait 48 hours before reserving equipment again.|
- Users must fill out and sign the “TGSSC Equipment Check-out Form and Disclaimer Policy.”
- Users must present their Miner Gold Card ID along with a state-issued ID.
- Equipment may only be reserved and picked-up in-person during TGSSC hours of operation.
Equipment Usage Policies:
Disclaimer: Failure to comply with any of the equipment policies may result in permanent revocation of reservation privileges. Overdue, damaged, lost, or stolen equipment is subject to late fees or replacement charges.
- Equipment, excluding media cart, may be taken off-campus. Under NO circumstances may equipment be taken out of the country.
- The user is responsible for the following:
- Damages: User is responsible for the cost of repairs if the equipment is damaged while in their possession. It is the user’s responsibility to only accept equipment in proper working condition. Faulty equipment should be refused immediately and the user should not attempt to repair equipment.
- Missing Accessories: All equipment includes a bag with a tag listing the items contained. The user must return equipment with all pertinent accessories and will be charged a replacement fee for any missing items.
- The TGSSC is not responsible for any data or images left on laptops & cameras.
- Any data saved on laptops or cameras will be deleted after the item is returned.