Students: How to Apply
The Center for Community Engagement (CCE) connects with energetic undergraduate students seeking to contribute to the El Paso Community through community-based teaching and learning initiatives in order to enrich their academic goals, promote civic engagement, and improve the El Paso Region! We are currently seeking students to assist an off-campus organization by easing the administrative workload and conducting market research. Students in the CWS program will gain analysis, presentation, collaboration, organizational, communication, and people skills. Candidates interested in applying for the program must have high attention to detail and be able to handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
Additional tasks will be provided by the student through administrative support in an office environment and other clerical tasks as requested.
- The number of positions available may vary each year depending on Federal Work-Study allocations and students may reapply per semester.
- Please click here to visit the Job mine website if you are interested in applying for a CWS position. Tip: Look for positions that have the word Community Work Study on the title as these are the positions you can apply to.
- Application submissions are welcomed year-round, but only those who submit by the deadline will be considered for September placements.
- Should a vacancy open up during the project period, applications on file may be considered. Positions are available through August 31 at 15-19 hours per week (some variation may apply).
- Students who have been awarded work-study through Financial Aid (Click here to visit the Financial Aid webpage) .
Students requirements for applying to the CWS Program:
- The student must be degree-seeking.
- Be a full-time student taking a minimum of 12 credit hours in the Fall and Spring semesters.
- Meet the University’s Satisfactory Academic Progress requirements (SAP).
- Complete an Employment Eligibility form through the UTEP Financial Aid Office.
- Be willing to work with the organization on a project or set of tasks during both the Fall and Spring semesters.
- Have completed mandated training through Financial Aid (visit Financial Aid webpage)
- Have a great work ethic, professional attitude, and willingness to learn.
- Participate in a 3-hour orientation at the beginning of the project period.
- Participate in mandated meetings/training (1-2 per semester) with the CCE.
- Participate at an end of year celebration where students and organizations showcase their collaborative work.
For more information on maintaining Work-Study eligibility, please visit the UTEP Office of Financial Aid www.utep.edu/financialaid