Mission Values and Commitment
The College of Health Sciences provides education rooted in evidence-based practice, and fosters the creation, development and translation of knowledge through research, community engagement, and administrative support for these activities. The College is unique in the provision of interdisciplinary education of outstanding diverse, culturally proficient 21st century health care professionals who serve the global community.
The College of Health Sciences is recognized internationally for preparing and educating the 21stcentury health care workforce to serve diverse communities through our innovative leadership in research, teaching, and community engagement.
OUR CORE VALUES
As a College, we believe in…
- Providing access and excellence for our students
- Facilitating our students’ success in the classroom and in their professions.
- Empowering students to think and prepare for life-long learning
- Preparing culturally proficient professionals who engage in evidence-based practice
- Promoting integrity, respect for each other, the value of diversity (both people and approaches); and maintaining fairness, honesty, and openness.
- Stimulating critical and innovative thinking
- Creating knowledge through research
- Encouraging collaboration, teamwork, and community partnerships
- Improving the health of the global community
- The commitment and dedication to our mission from all faculty and staff is key to our success.