Faculty Development and Evaluation Committee (FDEC) Roles and Responsibilities
To support and develop faculty in pursuit of long-term career success as scholars and teachers in the College of Health Sciences
- Evaluating faculty
- annual peer evaluations focused on a strength-based model
- 3 rd year reviews for tenure-track faculty
- reviews for clinical faculty considering promotion as requested
- reviews for tenure and promotion dossiers from the college level (committees organized by FDEC)
- Conduct periodic post-tenure evaluations in conjunction with the office of the Dean.
- Coordinating with other units within the college and university in support of faculty career development and success
- Seminars, Center for Faculty Leadership and Development, ORSP, Center for Interdisciplinary Health Research, meeting with junior faculty as needed
- Facilitating Mentorship
- act as a clearinghouse for development opportunities across campus
- identify mentors as needed
The FDEC members will be made up of a minimum of one representative from each CHS program/department to serve on this committee. Members may be of any academic rank, however, there will be representation from both tenured/tenure track and clinical track faculty members. The FDEC will be co-chaired by one tenured faculty member and one clinical track faculty member. The appointment of all committee members will be for 2 years with the possibility of re-appointment. When needed, guests will be invited to discuss specific initiatives.
- Create the monthly meeting agendas and send to all members.
- Take minutes and distribute to committee members.
- Coordinate work groups/subcommittees as needed
- Attend regular meetings and provide input as needed
- Contribute to work groups/subcommittees as needed
- Share faculty development opportunities with committee and college faculty
- Develop and review policies in consultation with college faculty
- Send requests for feedback from FO/faculty
- Loretta Dillon (Co-chair) – Physical Therapy
- Connie Summers (Co-chair) – Speech Language Pathology
- Sandor Dorgo - Kinesiology
- Ceci Fierro – Occupational Therapy
- Mark Caulkins – Rehabilitation Sciences
- Alma Armdendariz – Social Work
- Mark Lusk – Social Work
- Gabriel Ibarra-Mejia – Public Health Sciences
- Jacen Maier-Moore – Clinical Laboratory Science
- Celia Pechak – Physical Therapy
- Candyce Berger (ex-officio) – Social Work