Mission, Vision and Goals
MISSION: The mission of the Student Health Center is two-fold: to provide a wide variety of Health Services and Health Education to the students enrolled in the University of Texas at El Paso as well as provide care for faculty and staff who are either injured at work or who, because of their occupation, may get exposed to harmful substances while at work. The services provided will be of the highest quality, and education at the most economic cost, and will be available throughout the calendar year.
VISION: By providing quality, low-cost healthcare the UTEP Student Health Center assists students in achieving their goals of higher learning.GOALS:
- Provide health care services, acute care, primary care and preventive services to all enrolled students; minor injury care and occupational healthcare to at-risk Faculty and Staff on campus.
- Promote illness prevention through health and education.
- Continuously assess the health needs of the community in order to better address the health services requirements. Involve students in an advisory capacity to determine the function of the center.
- Be involved in community functions to better market and promote the Student Health Center as a resource to the student body.
- Coordinate with other student services on campus (Counseling Center, Women’s Resource Center, Miner Village, Welness Manager etc.) to promote conditions where students can maximize their education and social potential through physical and emotional health.
- Create a health care environment at the Student Health Center that enhances communication and interaction with the students, while exuding professionalism and a caring attitude.
- Provide continuing education opportunities to the staff that complement the health services provided.
- Seek opportunities to expand the scope of the Health Center in support of the UTEP mission and goals while maintaining efficiencies.