Borderland Behavioral Health Workforce Initiative Eligibility Requirements
Students selected for this program will:
- be supervised by a Licensed Clinical Social Worker (LCSW) at their practicum site.
- participate in an intensive field seminar that will focus on:
- content related to target population (trauma informed practice, cultural competence, mental health, etc)
- working in an interprofessional environment
- issues and skills in the area of supervision
- participate in interprofessional education through:
- the use of interdisciplinary standardized patient scenarios.
- being a part of primary care teams at their field sites.
- receive a $10,000 stipend
To be eligible, MSW students must meet all of the following criteria:
- MSW student entering their 2nd year OR be an Advanced Standing MSW student.
- Completing a field placement/internship working with children, adolescents, and/or transitional-age youth at risk for developing or who have developed a recognized behavioral health disorder.
- Minimum average GPA of 3.0 as required for the MSW program
- Commitment to complete all data collection activities necessary for the evaluation of the program, including but not limited to surveys and interviews.
- Participate in an intensive seminar associated with practicum experience to include:
- LCSW exam preparation course,
- job fair
- observed standardized clinical examinations (OSCE) and Hospital Day exercises
- Enroll in and successful completion of two electives specifically identified as supporting this grant and the target population.