TO: All Faculty
FROM: Dr. Sandor Dorgo
President, Faculty Senate
REGARDING: 2019 Spring Commencement
The University of Texas at El Paso Spring Commencement is scheduled for Saturday, May 18 and Sunday, May 19, in the Don Haskins Center.
This ceremony is a high point of our students’ experience at UTEP and a celebration of their achievements. Our participation as faculty in this ceremony means a great deal to our students, their families, and the university. We also have the opportunity to personally congratulate our students and wish them well on this very special day. I strongly encourage all of you to participate in our Spring Commencement and contribute to its success.
Academic regalia is required. Please direct your regalia questions to the University Bookstore at 747-5594.
• Faculty will meet no later than thirty minutes before their respective ceremony in the Foster Stevens Basketball Facility directly next to the Don Haskins Center.
• College Marshals will organize faculty by college and within the college. Proper protocol calls for faculty to be arranged in order of rank – beginning with Professor Emeritus – and, within rank, by service time in rank.
• College Marshals will guide the procession, and direct the faculty to their seats in the auditorium.
• At the end of the ceremony, faculty will form two ceremonial lines along the center aisle to congratulate the candidates as they exit. You may then exit through the tunnel upon completion.
• The ceremonies are approximately two hours in duration.
Parking Lots SB8 and ME1 located on the north end of the Don Haskins Center are reserved for faculty and staff participating (marching) in Commencement. Your UTEP parking decal displayed on your vehicle will facilitate parking in these lots. Please print/bring your confirmation email with you--received by you after submitting your RSVP--to help the parking attendant better assist you.
NOTE: Master’s degree candidates are typically hooded at their College ceremony. Please check with your college for further details or to participate in those ceremonies.
We look forward to seeing you at Commencement. If you have questions, call the Office of University Relations at 747-8244. PLEASE CONFIRM YOUR ATTENDANCE BY May 17, 2019. To confirm your attendance, please click here to complete and submit the RSVP form.