Tell A Success Story
Share your student’s story of accomplishment at this Commencement – and inspire future Miners!
Each commencement provides UTEP an opportunity to tell a story through the experiences of a graduate. Please click on the link below to download the “Success Story” form, or fill out the online form, to tell us of your student's academic and personal growth and success. We hope to gather inspiring stories that celebrate UTEP's unique character and the special opportunities that we offer.
You may want to consider the following questions as you think about this nomination:• How would you briefly characterize your mentoring role with this student?
• Was there a specific turning point, incident, course, or learning experience that seemed to spark the student's success?
• Has the student been accepted to graduate/professional school?
• What are his/her employment options or plans? (Immediate?/Long term?)
• What unique situations may have made his/her UTEP experience interesting or unusual?
• What honors or recognition has the student received in his or her field or discipline, or what presentations, publications, or other accomplishments has the student recorded?
• What extracurricular activities, campus organizations, community groups, study abroad and/or research experiences have contributed to his/her success at UTEP?
• Particularly for students earning advanced degrees: Has the student been involved in or created notable special projects, research, publications, or other material representations of his or her academic prowess?
Your student's Success Story may be chosen to be included in the President's Commencement remarks. The local media may also decide to include this story in their news reports concerning Commencement. If this story is selected, the student will be consulted for permission and input. Thanks for mentoring and your help in this project!