COURI Student Travel Grants
Presenting at professional meetings is a valuable experience for students. COURI has funds available to assist students with the cost of travel to attend and present student’s original work. The application process is competitive, with awards of up to $750. There are two deadlines for the academic year for travel during the fall and spring semesters.
Deadlines for each semester:Fall - November 1 Spring - March 1
You must submit a complete application by the deadline to be considered.
- Funding may support travel for students presenting their original work at an academic conference or meeting
- Student must be registered for RSRC 4033
- Applicant must have an acceptance notification at time of award and provide evidence of acceptance
- Students can only secure funding once per academic year
- Students may apply after the conference has taken place if the previous deadline has passed. However, students must have arranged travel through their department and saved all expense documents.
- Only one student will be funded to present at a conference.
- All award recipients must comply with academic department and UTEP travel regulations
- Preference will be given to those students who have secured support from additional source(s)
If you are awarded a travel grant, please review the instructions below:
- Complete required University travel authorization. Your travel authorization must be approved before any arrangements can be made.
- You cannot be reimbursed for airfare that you purchased yourself or even directly from the airline. Typically, it is your department that purchases your airfare for you, so it is required that you check with them first. All airfare must be purchased through a UT System Contracted Travel Agency; otherwise you will not be reimbursed.
- Only the person whose name is on the hotel bill can be reimbursed even if several of you are sharing a room for cost-saving purposes. If you and another student(s) plan on sharing rooms, you should take turns on whose name will appear on the hotel bill.
- You can only be reimbursed for staying at real hotels (Hilton, Marriott, Holiday Inn, etc.). You cannot be reimbursed for any other kinds of lodging accommodations.
- Refer to the UTEP Travel Office for more information.