Study Abroad/Study Away
Study Abroad/Study Away experiences prepare UTEP students for the challenges and complexity of a 21st century world. Study abroad, study away or faculty-led academic and cultural experiences are credit-based and include a culminating experience in which students obtain increase understanding of his/her academic discipline, language proficiency, field research techniques, service learning or career-related knowledge. UTEP students have traveled the world participating in study abroad/study away activities in a variety of countries including:
|France||New Zealand||United States|
As a result of studying abroad or away, a student will:
- Possess an understanding of similarities and differences across many dimensions including gender, ethnicity, culture, sexual orientation, religious belief, ability, generation, nationality, family status and more.
- Appreciate personal and cultural differences and seeing their value, particularly in a collaborative setting.
- Expand their cultural awareness and understanding their connection to the global community.
- Demonstrate greater autonomy, evaluate problem solving-strategies and demonstrate independent decision-making
- Enhance his/her resume and increase job opportunities