PROGRAM AND CERTIFICATION REQUIREMENTS
Students in the Teacher Education Program must fulfill the following requirements:
- Complete degree plan coursework with a minimum 2.0 overall GPA, 2.5 GPA in the teaching field specialization, and 2.75 GPA in professional education courses.
- Pass the Content and Pedagogy and Professional Responsibility (PPR) Qualifying exams.
- Pass the Texas Examinations of Educator Standards (TExES).
- Complete field experience requirements prior to attempting student teaching.
- Pass fingerprint/background check requirements.
- Complete student teaching requirements.
- Students must remain in good standing to progress toward the completion of a degree program (See the appropriate catalog section underAcademic Regulations).
- Upon conferral of BIS degree, submit the initial certification application and pay fee to the Texas Education Agency (TEA).