U.S. Department of Homeland Security (DHS) 2015 HS-STEM Summer Internships
- Application deadline: December 22, 2014
- Undergraduate students receive a $6,000 stipend plus travel expenses.
- Graduate students receive a $7,000 stipend plus travel expenses.
- U.S. citizenship required
- Detailed information about the internships can be found at: http://www.orau.gov/dhseducation/internships/
10-week research experiences are offered at: Argonne, Berkeley, Livermore, Los Alamos, Oak Ridge, Pacific Northwest, and Sandia National Laboratories; as well as at Homeland Security Studies and Analysis Institute, Coast Guard Research and Development Center, Customs and Borders Protection Laboratories and Scientific Services, Domestic Nuclear Detection Office, Federal Emergency Management Agency, Naval Research Laboratory, Engineer Research and Development Center, National Security Technologies Remote Sensing Laboratory, Transportation Security Laboratory, and more.
Areas of research: Engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics, chemistry, biological / life sciences, environmental science, emergency and incident management, social sciences, and more.
DHS has partnered with the Oak Ridge Institute for Science and Education (ORISE) to manage the program. For questions please email them at email@example.com.