Nexus is a shadowing program offered to high schools that engages its students in a semester-long, or summer experience, in a UTEP engineering research laboratory, or with a local engineering company. Since the spring of 2007, this program has had an influence on many of its participants, which are now UTEP Engineering students. The sponsoring labs connect participants to faculty and both undergraduate and graduate engineering students. Beyond the shadow experience, Nexus' key components are the laboratory experience, leadership training, and a final project/presentation.
The College of Engineering works diligently to get high school credit to Nexus participants. With a limited number of sponsoring labs, high schools teachers are encouraged to contact us to strategically plan how to fit this type of experience into your high school curriculum.
Online applications are accepted on August and January.
- CEA Group
- Cyber-ShARE Center of Excellence
- Center for Transportation Infrastructure Systems
- Constraint Reading and Research Group
- Laboratory for Industrial Metrology and Automation
- W.M. Keck Center for 3D Innovation
- Center for Space Exploration Technology Research