To develop revolutionary technologies in electromagnetics and photonics that are enabled by digital manufacturing.
We envision a very 3D future for electromagnetics and a more dominant role for dielectrics. We call this vision "21st Century Electromagnetics" because we see these concepts becoming standard practice as 3D printing becomes more dominant in manufacturing.
Our research includes:
- 3D printed circuits and systems
- Metamaterials and photonic crystals
- Antennas and frequency selective surfaces
- Diffractive optics and nanophotonics
- Devices for high power microwaves and extreme environments.
- Computational electromagnetics and lithography