Low Carbon Energy Engineering Doctoral GAANN Fellowship
The UTEP Department of Mechanical Engineering offers the Graduate Assistance In Areas of National Need (GAANN) Fellowship. The grant was awarded by the U.S. Department of Education (Award No. 200A120250).
The GAANN Fellowship will support doctoral student through training in teaching and energy R&D. Selected fellows will receive a $30,000 annual stipend, full tuition support, and the equipment necessary for successful research completion. The Department may provide an additional monthly supplement.
- Have a Graduate GPA of 3.5/4.0;
- Have a minimum GRE Quantitative of 155;
- Be U.S. citizens or permanent residents;
- Be accepted into and enrolled in the Energy Science and Engineering (ENSE) Doctoral Track.
- Indicate plans to pursue energy or energy-related research/education;
- Demonstrate excellent academic performance; and,
- Submit an application and statement of purpose.
Applications for consideration for GAANN awards effective Spring 2013 are due Friday, December 14, 2012. Late applications will not be considered.