This is an exciting time as you enter the UTEP College of Engineering and we Welcome you. There will be lots of information to be shared with you during your orientation session. We ask that you focus on the following:
- the College of Engineering's expectation to engage in UTEP Edge Experiences
- the Engineering Edge Center, its advisors and other resources available to you
- your advisor’s course recommendations during your 1-on-1 meeting
How to Register for Orientation
After you have been admitted to the University, you can register for one of the above sessions through the Office of New Student Orientation . If there is an extreme situation why you can not attend an orientation session, please contact us so we can make accommodations. We encourage everyone to attend a session as soon as possible to have more options of classes to choose from.
New Student Orientation
As an incoming freshmen, advisors aim to place you in the highest and most appropriate math course based on TSI Assessment and/or by exams or dual credit courses you have taken. You will also be advised into classes (including UNIV 1301) that will greatly impact your first semesters of your college career.
Transfer & Early College Students Orientation
Transfer and Early College students can expect to get advised based off of credit shown on transcripts received by the University. For this reason, it is important to submit official transcripts when getting admitted.
Dates and Sessions
- Mar 24 - 25, 2021
Parents and Family
Family support is an integral part of a student's success in college. The United Families / Familias Unidas connects families to videos and information to better understand the challenges and changes a college student is going through and the importance of effective communication.
- Welcome Session PowerPoint slides
- Advising Session PowerPoint slides
- Videos of the different engineering and computer science disciplines are provided to support students with choosing or confirming their major.
- Communities of Care – FAQs about New Student Orientation modules
- Schedule Information Guide – Learn how to review and revise your course schedule in Goldmine