Blackboard Collaborate is a web conferencing solution that has multiple features including audio, video, instant messaging, interactive whiteboard, application sharing, file transfer, and session recording/playback with synchronized audio/chat/notes. Here is a list of recommended equipment to use when utilizing Blackboard Collaborate.
- Headphones: Preferred over external speakers to avoid audio feedback being picked up by the mic
- Microphone: A webcam microphone will work, but often a separate mic positioned closer to the mouth picks up less background noise
- Webcam: For transmitting live video of the session to your participant(s)
- Video camera: For transmitting live video of a procedure or demonstration
- Blackboard Collaborate Launcher for Mac users (PDF): Learn more about why you need the launcher here.