Skip to main content

Applying To The Graduate School

Welcome to The University of Texas at El Paso Graduate School admission application.

The UTEP Graduate School accepts applications year round. Applicants are encouraged to check their prospective programs for deadline dates and special entry requirements such as GRE, GMAT, TOEFL, PTE or IELTS exams.

Please select the appropriate option below:







Students applying to the programs below will need to apply through a Centralized Application Service.

Please be advised that only complete applications submitted before or by the deadline will be considered for admission.

You may wait to send your official transcripts and test scores to the Graduate School until after you have been notified of admission.

Provisional transcripts are accepted from students who will earn an undergraduate degree before enrolling at UTEP.

Please send required official documents (including transcripts) to:

UTEP Graduate School
Mike Loya Academic Services Bldg. Room 223
500 West University Ave.
El Paso, TX 79968-0566

or submit them electronically at


If you have any further questions, please contact us personally at the office, by phone at (915) 747-5491 or through e-mail at


ALL documents are required in order to complete your file and continue with the admissions process.

Financial Aid eligibility: undergraduate leveling courses for graduate programs.

A student in a Post-Baccalaureate (PB) non-degree seeking program may have their undergraduate leveling courses for a graduate program considered for financial aid eligibility, but only for a period of one academic year. Student must take at least six credits per semester, and all the courses must be part of the leveling courses.

A combination of leveling courses with other non-leveling (graduate) courses is not accepted. If a student takes any graduate courses they are considered a graduate student and therefore not eligible for financial aid for their undergraduate leveling courses.

Undergraduate students in a second bachelors program are only eligible for financial aid if they can complete their second bachelors before reaching 180 total undergraduate credit hours, assuming they have not already maxed out their undergraduate federal student loans. Moving students into a second bachelors program in order to have undergraduate leveling courses considered for financial aid eligibility is not appropriate because students enter that program without the intent to complete it.

A student should meet with the Financial Aid Department as soon as they are notified that they require leveling courses in order to determine whether the courses will be eligible for financial aid. Contact Jennifer Miller