Staff Employment Action Requests
To ensure respective approvals are obtained in relation to staff employment actions.
Note: This approval process was generated in collaboration with the Budget Office and the Office of Research and Sponsored Project. The process is maintained by Human Resources. Review the SEAR definitions and required documentation for each type of request below.
Reviewable Staff Employment Actions:
- Recruitment Efforts
- New Position
- Direct Hire
- Extend an Offer Above Approved Amount
- Job Audit
- Corrective Pay Adjustment
- Salary Supplement
- Funding Source Change
- Modify Job Assignment
- Modify Job Assignment & Modify Funding Source
Staff Employment Actions Request definitions and required material for each request can be found here.
The following steps are taken by the department to have the staff employment action request reviewed.
- Review Staff Employment Actions Request definitions and required documents.
- Complete the Staff Employment Actions Request Form
- The completed Staff Employment Action Request form and additional documentation will route for approval through the requestor’s chain of command based on the funding source.
- Cost Center: CAO, Dean, Budget, HR, VPBA
- Project ID: PI, ORSP, HR,
- Staff Employment Action Request form with respective approvals will be submitted to Human Resources by Tuesday close of the business day will be reviewed Wednesday. Forms received by Thursday will be reviewed Friday.
- HR will send out email communication on the outcome to the requestor.