Yes, employees should keep copies of their evaluations to reflect on their goals, accomplishments and areas of improvement. If the employee needs a copy of their evaluation they can be requested by sending an email to email@example.com
Employees should always be provided continuous feedback throughout the evaluation year. The employee annual assessment is always due no later than March 31 st of the following year, but it is recommended that the evaluation process is initiated in early January to be in compliance.
The performance evaluation forms can be found on the UTEP HR website under Performance Evaluation Form
- Department Supervisor and employee will create the dimensions/goals for each competency area reflecting the job functions to be placed on the evaluation. These dimensions/goals should be discussed in January to be placed on the current years evaluation form.
- Supervisor will provide the form with set dimensions to employee to begin their personal evaluation.
- Employees completes the “Self-Evaluation” sections with detailed rationale and a rating for their suggested performance ratings for each criteria. Employees will also provide feedback and rating on goals established for the evaluation period.
- Employees will return the evaluation to their supervisor, who will review and provide his/her own feedback and ratings within the “Supervisor Rating” sections.
- Reviews are to be a factual recollection of the overall quality of the employee’s performance, documenting specific achievements or areas of improvement.
- Employees and supervisors should evaluate the “what” and “how” of items that met, exceeded or define areas needing improvement.
- If the supervisor’s rating differs from the employee, the supervisor should discuss the differences with the employee during their face-to-face meeting while going over the evaluation.
- The completed performance evaluation is submitted to Human Resources on or before March 31.
- If an evaluation is not conducted and submitted, the employee will not be eligible for a merit increase if the university has afforded one for the current year.
It is recommended you contact Employee Relations to discuss the evaluation and potential processing of a Performance Improvement Plan.
It is recommended you contact Employee Relations to discuss the Discipline and Dismissal of Staff Employees policy or you may find the information in the Handbook of Operating Procedures before any termination initiated. Employee Relations should always be contacted if progressive discipline is being considered.