The University of Texas at El Paso has selected Bit defender as the new official Anti virus program that will be replacing Avast Endpoint Protection. Bitdefender was chosen because it meets the following needs of The University:
- It has full support for Windows, Mac, and Linux operating systems.
- It provides strong security while having a minimal impact on system performance.
- Easy to use installer can determine the optimal configuration based on system type.
- Unique modules designed specifically for virtual systems and servers for enhanced performance.
- The security suite and its reports are fully PCI compliant
Once installed, the new Antivirus icon will look like this
If you have any specific questions/concerns related to the Bitdefender deployment, please feel free to contact UTEP Information Security Office at email@example.com.
For more detailed information about Bitdefender, visit the following link: Bitdefender