UTEP Football Game Day Fan PoliciesThe following tips and information concerning parking, tailgating and Sun Bowl stadium policies are designed to help guide fans’ event planning and ensure a safe, family-friendly, enjoyable and entertaining experience for all. Go Miners!
- One tailgate setup per parking space to include vehicle, canopies and cooking area. Spaces are available on a ﬁrst come, ﬁrst served basis.
- Tailgating should take place within 4 feet in front of or behind your vehicle. No tailgating allowed in the parking garages.
- Overnight parking with exception of ticketed RV’s is not allowed on University property.
- For your safety, glass containers are not allowed anywhere on campus during game days.
- Kegs, beer balls, and other common-source containers also are prohibited on campus and in tailgating areas. This includes beer funnels.
- Inner campus tailgates may start at 2 p.m. while outer lots may begin at 8 a.m. Tailgaters must enter the Sun Bowl Stadium by the end of the ﬁrst quarter. One person may stay at each tailgating site during the game if there is a large setup.
- No drinking games of any kind allowed.
- For Centennial Plaza tailgating rules, call UTEP’s Oﬃce of Special Events, 915-747-5481.
UTEP students can sign up for tickets through www.sportslottery.utep.edu. Students can register for all home games, and then gain access to the Sun Bowl Stadium by swiping their Miner Gold Card on game day.
Guest tickets can be purchased at the UTEP Ticket Center, 2901 N. Mesa.
Restricted access areas
Unauthorized individuals are not permitted in restricted areas of the Sun Bowl Stadium during or after an event. The restricted areas include, but are not limited to, the ﬁeld, locker rooms and oﬃces. Violators are subject to criminal sanctions and/or the University’s disciplinary processes.
DronesThe use of remote-controlled model aircraft to include drones is strictly prohibited on University property.
For the safety and comfort of the audience, the following items are prohibited in the venue:
- Glass containers
- Coolers and ice chests
- Laser pens/pointers
- Outside Food and beverages
- Missile-like objects
- Posters, signs, ﬂags or banners
- Video and audio recording device to include Selﬁe Sticks, Go-Pros or Tablets
- Professional Cameras
- Wallet Chains
- Artiﬁcial Noisemakers
- Car Seats and Baby Carriers (Must have tickets for car seat and baby carrier)
- Lawn chairs
- Any other items deemed dangerous and/or inappropriate.
- Sealed bottled water (plastic only)
- Fanny Packs
- Radios with headset only
- Service Animals
- Still Cameras with NO detachable lens
- Baby Food (in plastic containers only)
- Stadium seat cushions - No larger than 14” x 14”
- Bags - No larger than 14”x14”x16”
To ensure the safety of our patrons and an enjoyable event for all, patrons will be subject to a search and/or wanding by event staﬀ personnel. Event staﬀ is not responsible for any items or personal property voluntarily left during search procedures at the entrance.
Re-entry with your torn ticket stub and a stamp will be allowed. Please ask a gate attendant for assistance.
Sections 10 through 17 are for General Admission. Sections 18 through 21 are student seating. All other seating areas are reserved for numbered ticket holder.
Seating for those who use wheelchairs (ADA)
Wheelchair/ADA seating is available in the upper west section of the stadium in sections 1 through 5 & ONLY can be accessed through the press box parking lot. Additional wheelchair/ADA seating is located in the North End Zone on the concourse level of section 13 and 15 and also section 19 in the student section.
Tickets may be purchased on site at the following entrances to the Sun Bowl Stadium: north, south. Call 915-747-5234 or visit www.ticketmaster.com for more information.
Will call tickets can be picked up at the north and south entrances to the Sun Bowl Stadium.
Athletic compliance tickets (football player lnt, recruit tickets)
Athletic Compliance tickets can be picked up at the ticket trailer located in the north entrance to the Sun Bowl Stadium.
Food items are available for purchase with cash, credit cards, and debit cards. Checks are not accepted.
ATMs are located on the concourse in front of sections 13 and 23.
Smoke and tobacco free UTEP
The UTEP campus and its athletic venues are 100 percent smoke-free and tobacco-free. Please be respectful to the University by keeping UTEP a smoke-free environment for all its visitors to enjoy.
ADA parking is located in the SC2 lot off of Schuster Drive by the roundabout of the SPUR 1966. Shuttles will be available from the parking area to the press box for patrons with ADA tickets in sections 1-5. Shuttles will also be available from the parking area to the North Sun Bowl entrance for patrons with ADA tickets in sections 13 & 15. Both shuttles will start running two hours before kickoff and resume operation at the end of the third quarter until all patrons are serviced.
Wheelchair/ADA seating is available in the upper west section of the stadium in sections 1-5 and can ONLY be accessed through the press box parking lot. Additional wheelchair/ADA seating is located in the North End Zone on the concourse level of section 13 and 15 and also section 19 in the student section.
Emergency / Evacuation Procedures
Should dangerous lightning or some other condition require the evacuation of the stadium, remain calm, and follow the instructions of the Stadium Security and Ushering Personnel and the Public Address Announcements. Guests should migrate to the concourse level. Announcements will be made when guests are safe to either return to their stadium seating or exit to their vehicles. During an evacuation, all guests must completely depart the stadium and not remain on the premises. The public address system will provide additional instructions during an emergency.
RV parking is available in the SC1 lot (on Schuster Avenue). The lot opens at 5 p.m. the day before the game. RV season passes are $250 and are available by calling 747-6150.2018 Miner Football A-Z Guide