1. Hooding Ceremony
You will get an email from the College of Liberal Arts with a form to RSVP for the Hooding Ceremony.
If you wish to attend, complete the form and reply to confirm your attendance.
The form will also ask you who your hooding professor is (the professor who will confer your master's hood to you on stage at the ceremony). Before putting down a name, make sure you have confirmation from that professor.
- There is no limit on the number of family members and friends who may attend your Hooding Ceremony (BUT arrive early to obtain optimal seating)
If you do not wish to attend, reply to the email and decline attendance.
The Commencement is the university wide degree conferral ceremony. To learn more about the history of commencement, click here. To view the date, time, and location of upcoming Commencements, click here.
- You will get an email from the Registrar's Office to RSVP for Commencement.
- If you wish to attend, reply to confirm your attendance and you will receive an email with instructions and detailed information about Commencement day.
- There is no limit on the number of family members and friends who may attend your Commencement Ceremony (BUT arrive early to obtain optimal seating)
- If you do not wish to attend, reply to the email and decline attendance.
If you plan to attend graduation events, you need to purchase your graduation regalia. Look out for emails about Graduation Fairs held at the UTEP campus multiple times every semester.
You can buy the full graduation regalia (cap, gown, tassel, hood, UTEP medallion, alumni mug, alumni t-shirt, etc) at the UTEP Bookstore OR, you can order just the cap, gown, tassel, and hood through the UTEP Bookstore no later than 5 weeks prior to Graduation. Graduation packs go fast so we recommend ordering them right after you receive the emails inviting you to participate for the Graduation events. For more information on how and when to purchase regalia, please contact (915)747-5594 or (915)747-2724.