MLS degree: USASMA & ADACCC Students/Graduates
Please follow all the instructions very carefully. Only completed applications will be reviewed! Applying to the wrong category or uploading documents that do not satisfy the application requirements will be returned, and will delay the admissions process.
- Complete and submit the application to the Graduate School here.
- Domestic/Mexican students - $45, International students - $80. Click on the category that applies to you.
- Once you select your category, scroll down to the very bottom to find U.S. Army Sergeants Major Academy and Captains’ Career Course Applicants and choose "Leadership Studies MOA".
- Click on the semester for which you are applying.
- There is no application fee for USASMA and ADACCC students.
- Order your official transcripts from the university where you received your undergraduate degree and have them mailed to:
Kelly Hall Room 215, Attn: Program Advisor
500 West University Avenue
El Paso, TX 79968
- Transcripts must show the degree awarded
- Transcripts mailed to us from the applicants themselves will NOT be accepted as official transcripts!
- We also accept e-scripts. E-scripts can be sent to us at email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com.
- Please order your transcripts as soon as possible, you will NOT be able to register for courses until your transcripts have been received.
DA Form 1059
- If you already have your 1059, please send them to us. We accept both hard copies and e-copies.
Under normal circumstances, an application decision should be expected within 8-10 business days once the complete application packet is submitted to the Graduate School. Please note that our admissions committee can not view any application until it is complete and submitted.
Required Courses: 24 credit hours
- MLS 5300: Contemporary Concepts of Leadership
- MLS 5303: Applied Research Methods
- MLS 5315: Organizational Theory and Behavior
- MLS 5321: Leadership in Complex Organizations
- MLS 5326: Leadership of Organizational Change
- MLS 5331: Leadership Communications
- MLS 5340: Team Based Leadership
- MLS 5351: Capstone - Ethics and Leadership
Concentration Courses: 9 credit hours
- Students who are concurrently enrolled in or completed the Sergeants Major Course (Resident and Non Resident) can transfer 9 credit hours in accordance with the American Council of Education (ACE) Military Guide and the Memorandum of Agreement (MOA) between the United States Sergeants Major Academy (USASMA) and UTEP. The DA form 1059 is required for the MLS program to accept and process the paperwork to transfer these credits. As per the MOA, staff and faculty at the USASMA and family members of students, staff and faculty, can also apply through the USASMA link.
- Students who are concurrently enrolled in or completed the Air Defense Artillery Captains Career Course can transfer 9 credit hours in accordance with the ACE Military Guide recommendation. Students who completed the ADACCC before Spring of 2017 may be eligible to transfer 12 credit hours. The DA form 1059 is required for the MLS program to accept and process the paperwork to transfer these credits. For information on other Captains Career Courses please see MLS Degree: Other Miltary Students section.