Rocky Mountain Music Scholars Conference 2019
The Rocky Mountain Music Scholars Conference will be held on March 1 and 2, 2019, in the Student Union at the University of Texas at El Paso. This conference is the annual, joint meeting of the Rocky Mountain Chapters of the American Musicological Society and the Society for Theory, and the Southwest Chapter of the Society for Ethnomusicology. A special keynote address will be given by Dr. Ana Alonso-Minutti on the topic of music along the U.S.-Mexican Border.
Please direct all questions to the conference coordinator, Dr. Lindsey Macchiarella:
NOTE: Registration is payable from 8-10 am at the conference location. Cash and card accepted.
Travel, Housing, Food
Rooms are reserved at the Hilton Garden Inn, University (111 W. University Ave.). This is the only hotel within walking distance of the conference-next door. The group code for the reserved rooms is: RMMS. (915) 351-2121
Other Hotels (short driving distance):
Budget Hotels (short driving distance):
- Hotel HillVue, 500 Executive Center Blvd
- La Posta Motor Lodge, 4111 N. Mesa St.
- Student Union Dining
- Pick n’ Shovel Cafeteria
- El Sazon Express
- Hissho Sushi
- Jamba Juice
- Mein Bowl
- Pizza Hut Express
- Crave Kitchen and Bar, 300 Cincinnati Ave
- Sushi Zen, 2400 N. Mesa st.
- Ardovino’s Pizza, 206 Cincinnati ave
- Tara Thai, 2060 N. Mesa St.
- Chipotle, 2900 N. Mesa St.
- Subway, 2625 N. Oregon St.
- Panda Express, 2725 N. Mesa St.