UTEP Honor Percussion Ensemble
High School percussionists (9th grade through 12th) are invited to apply for participation in the UTEP Honor Percussion Ensemble. Rehearsals will take place Friday and Saturday with a rehearsal and concert on Sunday. Dr. Smith and guest conductor Alan Black will rehearse participants on several selections. Selected students will receive music ahead of time for preparation.
The 2018 Honor Percussion Ensemble activities will be April 20–22, 2018.
How to apply
Applications are due April 6. Apply at the link below and submit a video audition URL.
>> Apply Here <<
Audition Video URL
- Upload a video to YouTube and submit the URL on the online application.
- Choose a minimum of two solo selections - one keyboard, and one membrane - with a maximum total of six minutes playing time. These selections may be etudes or any selections of your choosing.
>> Note to seniors who have performed an entrance/scholarship audition to UTEP:
- Students may use their February on-campus scholarship/entrance audition at UTEP as their audition in place of submitting a video.
Student Information required for application
- Mailing Address
- Cell Phone Number
- Current Year in School
- Name of High School Currently Attending
- Shirt Size (Unisex)
There is no application fee. However, there is a participation fee for those students selected to participate after review of auditions and applications. A $40 fee is required for attendance which will include a UTEP Percussion T-shirt, Saturday lunch, and also a contribution toward the guest conductor fee.
Snacks and Meals
Students may bring snacks and water bottles. As the event is a “commuter event,” only one meal is provided (Saturday lunch).
Notification of Participation
Selected students will be notified by April 9 and be sent music for preparation. On April 20, selected students will meet at the UTEP Band Room at 5:30 pm. See required rehearsals below.
- Friday, April 20, 5:30–8:30 PM
- Saturday, April 21, 9:00 AM–4:00 PM
- Sunday, April 22, 3:00–7:00 PM
There is one (required) performance at the conclusion of the weekend.
- Sunday April 22, 5:00 PM
- UTEP Fox Fine Arts Recital Hall
- Tickets are available at the Recital Hall ticket window or in advance at the University Ticket Center or at ticketmaster.com.
- Parking is free in the Sun Bowl Parking Garage or Inner Campus on the weekends.
For more information, contact Dr. Andy Smith at firstname.lastname@example.org.
>> Apply Here <<