NMSU Affiliates / Students (Blue)
NMSU Faculty, Staff and Students are allowed to apply for a Community User Library Card (Blue). This card will grant access to most of our main stacks books. NMSU User Card (Blue), as well as a valid picture ID, must be presented each time materials are checked out.
In order to apply for an NMSU Community User Card or to renew your old card you will need to bring the following documents:
- Valid NMSU Student / staff / faculty ID Card. (A copy will be needed for our records).
- Proof of active enrollment / active status. (A copy will be needed for our records).
- State ID / Drivers License. (A copy will be needed for our records).
- NMSU Community User Card (Blue). (ONLY FOR RECORD RENEWALS)
You will also be required to:
- Fill out an application. (Available at the UTEP Library Access Services Department, 2nd Floor).
- Sign the new NMSU Community User Card (Blue). (Provided at the Access Services Department).
After completing this process your new card will be available for pick up or delivery (upon request) after two weeks. During this period NMSU Community Users are allowed to check out books with a valid picture ID. NMSU Community Users must meet and comply with all The UTEP Library Policies.
- NMSU Community User’s Card is required to be renewed every semester by bringing all of the documents mentioned above.
- NMSU Community User cards are not-transferable (Only the Applicant is able to check out materials).
- Access to most of the online catalog is only available using the Library wireless network or through the community user computers available.
- Any privileges may be revoked at Access Services Department Discretion.
- If fines exceed the maximum limit users will not be able to renew membership or check out material.