We will meet with you and monitor your progress each semester until you have earned the Peace Corps Prep Program Certificate. Refer to the Student Guide and contact us with questions you might have. Remember, we will help you every step of the way to fit Peace Corps Prep into your academic plan!
Strengthening Your Peace Corps Prep Profile
In addition to required courses, we will assist you to create an overall profile that will help you to be even more effective as you approach your application for the Peace Corps and other global service opportunities while you are an undergraduate, and of course, after you graduate. Many of these elements may already be part of your major! Some suggestions for your PCP Profile include:
- Courses in STEM fields, agriculture, education, business and health sciences
- Foreign language study, particularly French and Spanish
- Any study abroad experience ESL certification Undergraduate research
- Participation in applying for nationally competitive fellowships and awards
- Co-curricular community service
- International, government or non-profit internships
- Student leadership experiences
Students, who are applying for the Peace Corps and have completed the Peace Corps Prep Program, should download and complete the Exit Interview Checklist and return it to the Mike Loya Academic Services Bldg. Room 218 for a signature from the Peace Corps Prep Coordinator. The signed document should be scanned and attached to the Peace Corps application with the name “PC Prep Checklist”.
Back to Step 2