The UTEP School of Pharmacy will begin taking applications for Fall 2020 entry on July 18, 2019.
Prospective students should understand that all communication between the student and the SOP may be considered in the application process. This includes, but is not limited to, phone calls, emails, and written correspondence.
Prospective students with questions regarding application content and admission criteria are encouraged to contact the SOP Office of Student Affairs at (915) 747-8519 or email@example.com.
Docuements you will need to submit for a complete application are as follows:
- Official PCAT Trancript
- If you have not taken the PCAT by the time you apply you may upload a receipt from when you registered for the PCAT, or a document stating when you plan to take the exam. See NOTE about incomplete applications.
- Official Transcripts from all college level institutions attended
- 3 Letters of Recommendation
- Three (3) letters of recommendation should be submitted via PharmCAS. These letters should discuss your professional, research, academic, and service/civic experiences. Letters from family members, friends, or close relations are not recommended. It is strongly encouraged that one letter be from a faculty member (all disciplines accepted, but a science faculty member is preferred), or healthcare professional.
- Personal Statement
- Application Fee (this fee is seperate to the PharmCAS application fee. Please pay here)
- Future Coursework Sheet
Early, Regular, and Late Admission
The UTEP SOP has three admissions processes: early admission, regular admission, and late admission.
All admissions processes open on PharmCAS on July 18, 2019. Deadlines are staggered. If your application is incomplete by the Early Admission Deadline it will be rolled into Regular Admission. If your application is incomplete by the Regular Admission Deadline it will be rolled into Late Admission. If your application is incomplete by the Late Admission Deadline your application will not be considered by the Admissions Committe for entry into the UTEP School of Pharmacy.
For specific deadlines, please see the Application Timeline below. Dates are subject to change.
|Item||Early Decision||Regular Admission||Late Admission|
|Application Deadline||September 3, 2019||December 2, 2019||March 2, 2020|
|Admissions Committee Offers Interviews||
September 12-16, 2019
December 12-20, 2019
March 12-16, 2020
|Multiple Mini Interviews (on campus)||
September 27 -28, 2019, other dates TBD
|January 24-February 1, 2020||March 27-April 4, 2020|
|Decision Letters Emailed||October 11, 2019 (Latest)||February 14, 2020 (Latest)||April 17, 2020 (Latest)|