President's Community Engaged Scholarship Award
President’s Community Engaged Scholarship Award – honors a faculty member who has employed the academic resources of the University to address important public problems and contribute to the public good, and who has disseminated the results of that work in scholarly venues. All individuals holding a full-time or part-time faculty appointment are eligible. The award is accompanied by an engraved plaque and a $1000 prize that can be used to support the engaged work of the faculty member.
CES characteristics include the:
- Integration of research, teaching
- Application to public and community issues
- Development of sustainable and equitable partnerships
- Effective engagement of community partners
- Dissemination of
peer reviewedfindings to stakeholders, clients, community leaders and decision-makers with practical application implications
Application packet (self-nominations are encouraged):
- Two page summary of nominee’s
- Nominee’s CV
- Letter from a community partner highlighting the mutually beneficial partnership
Nominee summary description (two pages
Award recipients will be announced by Friday, November 15, 2019. For more information, please contact the Center for Community Engagement at email@example.com.