Information for Faculty and Researchers
Faculty are central to the university’s mission to provide an excellent education to every UTEP student. The well-being of faculty is absolutely vital to our continued success.
The Recovery Task Force is working with academic colleges, departments and support units to ensure that fall courses have the flexibility to adapt to changing conditions and the exceptional instruction and training that our students expect and deserve is maintained.
Things You Need to Know
Updated: August 13, 2020
- New » The UTEP Plan for Instructional Activities document is intended to help instructors structure and offer courses in ways that will prioritize health and safety and provide a learning environment that will enable students to succeed. A sample syllabus template with can also be found here.
- New » The Recovery Task Force has created a PowerPoint for you to use with your team to cover these topics. You can access it at this link. You might want to share the PowerPoint with your team in advance of doing your own in-person training so that people can think about their questions in advance.
- New » Students have also produced a training video that all students are required to watch before coming to campus. It covers the same subjects and you should feel free to use it with your team, if you wish.
- New » To help us ensure that our campus is safe for those who cannot work or study remotely, we are also establishing a Temporary Health and Safety Policy. This temporary policy is effective immediately and will end when the University determines the threat of COVID-19 has subsided. One important part of the temporary health policy is a new health screening tool that is now available to all students, faculty, staff and visitors at screening.utep.edu.
- The university is taking actions—such as enhanced cleaning and classroom protocols, changes to foot-traffic flow through buildings and on campus pathways, and much more—to ensure all campus spaces and buildings support the health and safety of our students, faculty and staff.
- For nearly all on-campus course activities to be permitted, the UTEP Recovery Level will have to be Low Density or better, which allows groups of 50 (see Recovery Matrix).
- Faculty should continue to seek resources for instructional assistance. Please review the options below.
- Faculty and researchers should report positive cases or issues related to COVID-19 to screening.utep.edu. Staff stands ready to assist you with support and resources needed.
The fall plan is continually evolving, and some of our planning may change as new information becomes available. We recommend that you return to this website often, in the event that pertinent updates have been communicated.
Webinars and Workshops
Each webinar and workshop is designed to address pedagogical and/or technical best practices.
This website provides an overview on how to use Blackboard to communicate with students individually or as a group.