Information for Faculty and Researchers
Faculty are central to the university’s mission to provide an excellent education to every UTEP student. The well-being of faculty is absolutely vital to our continued success.
The Recovery Task Force is working with academic colleges, departments and support units to ensure that fall courses have the flexibility to adapt to changing conditions and the exceptional instruction and training that our students expect and deserve is maintained.
Things You Need to Know
Updated: Oct. 21, 2020
- University-sponsored international and domestic travel is currently suspended, with the exception of travel to and from Ciudad Juárez, Mexico. Travel requests for Ciudad Juárez, Mexico, will continue to require prior approval from the International Oversight Committee (IOC). All other exceptions to this policy for faculty or staff conducting research-related or mission-critical functions will require approval from the supervising vice president. Student exceptions will require additional approval by the Dean of Students. Any questions may be directed to the UTEP Travel Office by calling 915-747-5171. Questions related to student travel may be directed to the Dean of Students Office at email@example.com or 915-747-5648.
- Addressing COVID-19-related compliance requirements involving face coverings and social distancing: This helpful guide is intended to assist the UTEP community in achieving compliance and supporting a safe and healthy environment.
- On-campus research activities are allowed with an approved Research Work/Safety Plan. Information on how to write and submit a Work/Safety plan is available at Research Continuity. Plans should be submitted through BPLogix.
- Signs and fliers can be downloaded here for posting in building and other facilities.
- The UTEP Plan for Instructional Activities document is intended to help instructors structure and offer courses in ways that will prioritize health and safety and provide a learning environment that will enable students to succeed. A sample syllabus template with can also be found here.
- The Recovery Task Force has created a PowerPoint for you to use with your team to cover these topics. You can access it at this link. You might want to share the PowerPoint with your team in advance of doing your own in-person training so that people can think about their questions in advance.
- Students have also produced a training video that all students are required to watch before coming to campus. It covers the same subjects and you should feel free to use it with your team, if you wish.
- To help us ensure that our campus is safe for those who cannot work or study remotely, we are also establishing a Temporary Health and Safety Policy. This temporary policy is effective immediately and will end when the University determines the threat of COVID-19 has subsided. One important part of the temporary health policy is a the health screening tool that is available to all students, faculty, staff and visitors at screening.utep.edu.
The fall plan is continually evolving, and some of our planning may change as new information becomes available. We recommend that you return to this website often, in the event that pertinent updates have been communicated.
Webinars and Workshops
Each webinar and workshop is designed to address pedagogical and/or technical best practices.
This website provides an overview on how to use Blackboard to communicate with students individually or as a group.