The items on this list have been reviewed by members of the Recovery Task Force or other faculty and staff experts to ensure that they provide important information and meet the standards expected at an R1 institution.
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- Guidance for Colleges, Universities, and Higher Learning
- COVID-19 symptoms
- How the virus spreads
- How to protect self and others
- Cloth Face Coverings
- Cleaning and disinfecting
- People at higher risk for severe illness
- This article describes an incident where many people in a choir were infected.
Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA)
Center for Infectious Disease Research and Policy at the University of Minnesota
- The Future of the COVID-19 Pandemic: Lessons Learned from Pandemic Influenza
- Effective COVID-19 Crisis Communication
This blog post from Erin Bromage, Ph.D., who is an associate professor of biology at the University of Massachusetts Dartmouth, provides an accessible description of how airborne viruses are spread and reviews a number of instances that illustrate this with the virus that causes COVID-19.
A scientific article that discusses small droplets that are emitted during speech and how long they remain airborne.
A working project from Cornell University sociologists Kim Weeden and Benjamin Cornwell that looks at enrollment networks among college courses that has implications for virus spread.