COVID-19 Testing at UTEP
UTEP is offering two convenient options for free COVID-19 testing on campus. Students, employees and the general public can pull up to the City of El Paso’s COVID-19 Mega-Testing Site on UTEP property at 3333 N. Mesa at Kern Drive. This public site includes two dedicated priority lanes for Miners and their household members, as well as lanes for the general public. Walk-up testing is also available.
Current UTEP students also have access to free on-campus testing in the UTEP Student Health and Wellness Center located in Union Building East, first floor.
Here’s what you need to know about COVID-19 testing at UTEP.
COVID-19 Mega-Testing Site
- The city’s mega drive-up testing site at 3333 N. Mesa will be open from 10 a.m. – 6 p.m., Monday-Saturday. The only entrance to the site will be from Sun Bowl Drive at Kern Drive. The site includes two dedicated priority lanes for UTEP students, employees and their household members in the same vehicle.
- Walk-up testing will be available near the entrance to the building on site.
- A valid Miner Gold Card is required to access the UTEP lanes.
- Miners can choose from nasal or saliva PCR tests; results will be available within 24-48 hours.
- Pre-register at this link to save time.
- Please report a positive COVID-19 test to firstname.lastname@example.org so our COVID Action Team can follow up with you.
UTEP Student Health and Wellness Center On-Campus Testing
- Free on-campus antigen testing is available for all enrolled UTEP students who are currently attending classes (face to face or remote).
- No appointment is necessary, although preregistration online is required at medicatconnect.com.
- Bring your Miner Gold Card OR student ID number AND a photo ID.
- When you arrive at the Student Health and Wellness Center, please wait outside and call 915-747-5624 to be allowed in through the center’s back entrance.
- Click here for more information about student on-campus testing at UTEP.