Thank you Noyce Scholars, Fellows and Alumni!
We would like to show our appreciation to all of our Noyce scholars who showed perseverance through this challenging time. They inspired and motivated those around them during the COVID-19 pandemic by continuing to pursue their dream of becoming STEM teachers. We know our scholars will continue to inspire, motivate, and become leaders to their students, their fellow students, and their community.
Thank you Noyce Scholars!
Noyce Teacher Scholarship Program
UTEP College of Science undergraduate students with minors in secondary education are eligible to apply for a scholarship to Noyce@UTEP project funded by the National Science Foundation.
Scholarship recipients receive support of up to $10,000 per year, and professional support and mentoring for future math and science teachers is given to scholarship recipients.
- College of Science major with Secondary Education minor.
- Minimum overall and major GPA of 2.75.
- Application form completed.
- Unofficial transcript (from GoldMine).
- Two professional letters of reference that include the recommender’s contact information (address, phone number, and e-mail).
- Essay (2-3 paragraphs) that include the following:
- Reasons why student is interested in teaching as a career, and future plans as a teacher.
- Description of how the Robert Noyce scholarship will help to improve the student's teaching skills and contribute to their goal of becoming a certified teacher.
- Information on any formal and informal teaching and leadership experience.