Noyce Teacher Scholarship Program
UTEP College of Science undergraduate students with minors in secondary education are eligible to apply for a scholarship to Noyce@UTEP project funded by the National Science Foundation.
Scholarship recipients receive support of up to $10,000 per year, and professional support and mentoring for future math and science teachers is given to scholarship recipients.
- College of Science major with Secondary Education minor.
- Minimum overall and major GPA of 2.75.
- Application form completed.
- Unofficial transcript (from GoldMine).
- Two professional letters of reference that include the recommender’s contact information (address, phone number, and e-mail).
- Essay (2-3 paragraphs) that include the following:
- Reasons why student is interested in teaching as a career, and future plans as a teacher.
- Description of how the Robert Noyce scholarship will help to improve the student's teaching skills and contribute to their goal of becoming a certified teacher.
- Information on any formal and informal teaching and leadership experience.