Recruit at UTEP
Let us Serve You!
Looking to recruit talented UTEP students? Let the Career Center assist you in planning, scheduling, and advertising your recruitment events on campus. Know that we continue to reach out to students during this time. We are operating remotely and are ready to serve you.
If you are looking to interview recent or upcoming graduates, interns, or co-operative education students, we can assist you with informing your applicant pool of candidates, hosting a virtual sign-up interview schedule, and hosting your interviews on UTEP's virtual platforms (MS TEAMS or Blackboard). The use of the platforms is free of cost so that you can better engage with our students.
Job Mine allows you to pre-screen applicants based on employment-relevant criteria you select, such as GPA, major, degree level, graduation date, etc. Advance planning helps us to properly publicize your event, allow at least three to four weeks’ notice prior to your virtual visit. The first step is to create your profile in Job Mine, then submit your request. For questions, email email@example.com. Ms. Jeannett Fierro and Ms. Ashley Thomas stand ready to assist you.
Employer Events - All taking place virtually for now!
Employer events are a great way for your organization to connect with UTEP students. Formats include:
- Information Tabling
- Information Sessions/Presentations
- Educational Workshops (i.e. résumé review clinics, mock interviews)
- Industry Panels
- Coffee Chats
Please reach out to a member of the Employer Relations team at firstname.lastname@example.org to figure out which option would work best for your organization.
Submitting an Event Request
You can submit your request through our employment database called Job Mine. Follow these steps below:
- Log in to Job Mine.
- From the Home page, click “On-Campus Requests” from the menu options
- Click “Add Request +” on the right-hand side of the screen
- Choose “Interviews” from the drop-down menu to request on-campus interviews.
- Choose “Company Event” from the drop-down menu to request on-campus information sessions, tabling, etc.
- Choose “Career Fair” to register for an upcoming Career Fair.
- Once you complete all required fields, click “Submit” at the bottom.
Company event and interview requests can take 1 – 7 business days for our team to review and approve.
If you register for a career fair, you should receive an email on the status of your request within 1 – 5 business days.
If you have any questions or concerns, feel free to call 915-747-5640 or email email@example.com.
Promoting your event to the UTEP Student Body
With a minimum of two weeks advance notice, the Career Center will advertise your campus visit in the following ways:
- Weekly Employers on Campus* (updated online and sent to an email list of college Deans, faculty, and administrators)
- College-specific email listservs to students sent weekly
- Announcement header on Job Mine* (student view)
- Social media outlets including Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter (with your e-flyer provided)
Catering (Not taking place during Remote Work)
UTEP Policy requires food service be ordered through UTEP Catering: https://utepcatering.catertrax.com/
If you order food for your sessions, please let us know so we can accommodate extra tables at your event (fees may apply).