Professional Development Workshops
- Log-in to your JOB MINE account.
- Click the Career Fair and Events option on the top menu.
- Select workshops in the category box.
- Click on the Career Event Name.
- Finally, click on REGISTER FOR EVENT button.
- How the Career Center can help you: Take our crash course on how to activate your Job Mine account, take advantage of the Internship Program, and use the Career Center’s student tools.
- Crafting an Effective Résumé & Cover Letter: Learn how to make a great first impression in writing by showcasing your accomplishments in a résumé and cover letter employers won’t be able to resist.
- Mastering the Interview: Gain an insight of what you need to do before, during, and after your interview. We will teach you how to respond to questions based on the S.T.A.R. approach.
- Finding an Internship: Internships give you the edge to launch your career. Learn about the importance of internships, where to find them and how to be part of the Internship Program.
- Pathways to Excel: Education, Experience, Community Involvement, Eye to the Future, and Leadership: Learn the steps of becoming a top-notch job candidate by improving your education, experience, community involvement and leadership skills.
- How to Navigate a Career Fair: Ace your next career fair by learning what to do before, during and after the event and how to develop your elevator speech.
- Working for .gov: Become an expert on the Student Pathways Program, navigating USAJobs.gov, and creating your federal résumé.
- Transitioning from Classroom to Workforce: Transition from student to professional by following our tips on making first impressions, communicating in the workplace, and becoming an indispensable employee.
- Negotiating a Job Offer: Always get what you’re worth by following our tips on evaluating, negotiating and countering job offers.
- Developing a Curriculum Vitae (CV): Build your strongest American CV by learning how to market your skills and highlight your academic and professional experience.
- Preparing for Graduate School: Learn the ins-and-outs of the graduate school application process, including how to fund your graduate degree and start developing your statement of purpose.
- Establishing your LinkedIn Profile: Turn your LinkedIn account into a job offer by following our tips on building a marketable account, creating networks and connecting with professionals.
- Building a Teacher Portfolio (Education majors): Get a step-by-step guide on how to develop and utilize your teacher portfolio.
If you need a special accommodation to fully participate in this program/event, please contact our office at 747- 5640. Please allow sufficient time to arrange the accommodations.