Professional Development Workshops
We invite you to come to one of our workshops where you will learn how you can enhance your résumé, hone your interview skills, negotiate your next job offer, or find an internship. Most sessions are 50 minutes and are scheduled throughout the week at different times. So what do you say? Put your phone down and come meet the great staff at your Career Center!
- How the Career Center can help students: Take our crash course on how to activate your Job Mine account, take advantage of the Internship Program, and use the Career Center’s student tools.
- Crafting an Effective Résumé & Cover Letter: Learn how to make a great first impression in writing by showcasing your accomplishments in a résumé and cover letter employers won’t be able to resist.
- Mastering the Interview: Gain an insight
ofwhat you need to do before, during, and after your interview. We will teach you how to respond to questions based on the S.T.A.R. approach.
- Finding an Internship: Internships give you the edge to launch your career. Learn about the importance of internships, where to find them and how to be part of the Internship Program.
- Pathways to Excel: Education, Experience, Community Involvement, Eye to the Future, and Leadership: Learn the steps of becoming a top-notch job candidate by improving your education, experience, community involvement
- How to Navigate a Career Fair: Ace your next career fair by learning what to do before, during and after the event and how to develop your elevator speech.
- Working for the Federal Government: Become an expert on the Student Pathways Program, navigating USAJobs.gov, and creating your federal résumé.
- Transitioning from Classroom to Workforce: Transition from student to professional by following our tips on making first impressions, communicating in the workplace, and becoming an indispensable employee.
- Negotiating a Job Offer: Always get what you’re worth by following our tips on evaluating, negotiating and countering job offers.
- Developing a Curriculum Vitae (CV): Build your strongest American CV by learning how to market your skills and highlight your academic and professional experience.
- Preparing for Graduate School: Learn the ins-and-outs of the graduate school application process, including how to fund your graduate degree and start developing your statement of purpose.
- Establishing your LinkedIn Profile: Turn your LinkedIn account into a job offer by following our tips on building a marketable account, creating networks and connecting with professionals.
- Building a Teacher Portfolio (Education majors): Get a step-by-step guide on how to develop and utilize your teacher portfolio.
- Log-in to your JOB MINE account.
- Click the Career Fair and Events option on the top menu.
- Select workshops in the category box.
- Click on the Career Event Name.
- Finally, click on REGISTER FOR EVENT button.
If you need a special accommodation to fully participate in this program/event, please contact our office at 747- 5640. Please allow sufficient time to arrange the accommodations.