Background Check Information
What is a background check?
- Employment History
- Criminal Record
- Financial History
- Medical History
- Social Media Accounts
An employment background check is done to evaluate a prospective employee’s background history for a position that requires a candidate to be looked at carefully before being accepted as an employee.
What can or can't be reported?
Provided that the position has an annual salary of under $75,000, background checks are not allowed to report the following:
- Bankruptcies after 10 years
- Civil suits, civil judgments, and records of arrest, from date of entry, after seven years
- Paid tax liens after seven years
- Accounts placed for collection after seven years
- Any other negative information (except criminal convictions) after seven years
What to know about credit reports
- 100% credit utilization