TAO Campus-Wide Self-Help
With TAO Campus Wide Self Help, UTEP students can access interactive and easy-to-access online programming to help with managing anxiety, depression, and other concerns. Students can also work on developing skills in resiliency, communication, and problem solving.
TAO provides a number of interactive programming designed to help today’s student handle the challenges of university life. Students can use TAO at their own pace via their computers, tablets or smartphones. The program is accessible 24/7.
Whether you are looking to explore and develop new life skills or just looking for a short relaxation technique to help you calm down before a major exam, TAO has something for you.
TAO Intro Video
- In your browser window, navigate to thepath.taoconnect.org and click on the ‘Sign Me Up’ button.
- Enter your name and email address on the enrollment form, use your university email address.
- Enter a password (once more to confirm it).
- Leave the ‘Enrollment Key’ field blank. Fill out the demographics and Informed Consent form, and click ‘Sign Me Up!’
- Check your email. You will be sent a confirmation link which you must click on before signing in.
- Click on the link, and log into the platform, and the first thing you will see is the home page. Scroll down to the section ‘My Pathways’ to find all your available pathways.
- Choose the pathway(s) that are right for you, then get started. Work through the educational module and exercises. The course will prompt you when a practice tool or log should be completed. You can work with these either in the web interface or you can download the Android or iOS mobile apps. NOTE: The apps include the logs and mindfulness library; however, most of the courses must be accessed through the web interface.