GTF 3.0 Scholarship
About the Scholarship Program
The Greater Texas Foundation 3.0 Scholarship Program is funded by the Greater Texas Foundation, a statewide education grant, based in Bryan, Texas. This program is designed to support traditional ECHS students in their transition from high school and community college to UTEP and ensure they are "prepared for, have access to, persist in, and complete postsecondary education." In addition, this program strongly focuses on financial literacy and timely degree completion. Throughout this program, students will achieve this and strengthen their sense of belonging at UTEP through ongoing academic, social, and career opportunities.
- Scholarship funds between $500 to $4,000 per year for 6 semesters depending on unresolved balances
- Dedicated advising through the ECHS Academic Success Center (ASC)
- Participation in our summer bridge program, also known as the ECHSelsior Academy
- Sense of belonging through participation in UTEP Edge and high-impact practices
- Support to minimize debt
- Financial literacy workshops to minimize loans and overall student debt
- Mentorship opportunities to strengthen professional development
- Relationship-building with faculty advisors
- Community and service learning opportunities
Thank you to all applicants for your submissions to the GTF 3.0 ECHS Scholarship Program. Please note that applications are now closed, and we will provide updates as the spring of 2024 approaches for the Class of 2025.
Congratulations to the Class of 2023 GTF 3.0 ECHS Scholarship recipients! We are proud of all your efforts and look forward to working with you all during your UTEP journey.
Congratulations to the Class of 2024 GTF 3.0 ECHS Scholarship recipients! We are proud of all your efforts and look forward to working with you all during your UTEP journey.
Eligibility - Class of 2025
- Be enrolled in an ECHS program
- Commit to fully participate in the GTF program
- Complete Associate's degree with a 2.5 GPA or better (upon HS graduation)
How to Apply (Juniors)
- Prepare a personal statement
- Submit a high school and EPCC transcript along with a letter of recommendation from a non-family member
- Complete the online application: TBA
- Once accepted, review and sign GTF Contract
GTF Scholars Spotlight
The Greater Texas Foundation has highlighted one of our very own scholars under their "Scholars Spotlight." Darinka Carrasco-Cardona was chosen and was interviewed about her experience of being a college student at UTEP and her plans for her future! You can read more on the Greater Texas Foundation's Website: Scholars Spotlight!