Housing Options for Guests
For More Information please email:
Guest Housing Rates:
Guest Housing is available for persons 18 years of age or older visiting the UTEP campus for University-related business or University-related purposes, such as; attendees participating in University summer programs, visiting professors, visiting University faculty or staff, guest lecturers, visiting researchers or scientists, Registered Student Organization advisors, etc. Many of our guests will only be in El Paso on a temporary basis and want to avoid the difficulty of finding a furnished apartment. We have fully furnished private or shared apartment options.
- Shared apartment- $600 per month
- Private apartment - $800 per month
If you or your group need linen, there is a $20 additional charge per linen set. These sets can be exchanged for a clean new set for an additional $20 per exchange.
What is provided?
- Fully Furnished Apartment
- UTEP Wi-Fi
- Full Kitchen
- Private Bath
- Refrigerated Air Conditioning
- Free laundry machines available on the property
The following items should not be brought:
- Candles (decorative or functional) and incense or any item that produces a flame or smoke.
- Any type of pets- (only fish in aquariums of 20 gallons or less will be allowed, as well as service animals with documentation from the CASS Office on the UTEP Campus.)
- Window/ portable air conditioning units
- Wireless routers.
- Amplified instruments or drum sets.
How to Check In:
Upon arrival, give the front desk person either your name, guest ID number, or Room Assignment. They will provide you with a room key and guest card. If you need a parking permit, please contact Housing and Residence Life at least two days prior to your arrival.
If arriving after office hours, please contact the RA On-Call of the respective property at least 30 minutes prior to your arrival.
How to connect to Wi-FI
Three ways to connect to wi-fi areas across the UTEP campus.
- UTEPSECURE - The preferred wi-fi for UTEP students, faculty, and staff.
- UTEPGUEST - The preferred wi-fi for visitors to the UTEP campus.
- Go to your wireless settings and click on Add Network or Add Hiddent Network
- On SSID write down: utepguest
- On Security select "None" or leave the password area blank.
- Click Connect
- A page should open, click the checkbox and click I agree.
- Ethernet - Used an ethernet cable and connect thoughout the ports in the University.
For more information visit: https://www.utep.edu/technologysupport/ServiceCatalog/NET_WIFI.html
What to know?
- Dumpsters are located outside Summit, Chisos, & Capitan Hall
- Laundry rooms and vending machines are located on the 1st floor of Sacramento, Hueco, Chisos, & Del Norte Hall.
- Cleaning Supplies & extra toilet paper are available at the front desk (Open from 8:00am to 12:00 am, after hours contact the)
- Please close all gates as you leave and enter
- No gates should be propped
- Be sure to turn off all lights & close all doors and windows if you exit your apartment.
- For maintenance issues please contact the RA on-call (915) 525-1452
To submit a work order yourself, click chere: Submit Work Order
UTEP Police Deparment: (915)-747-5611
How to Check Out:
All rooms must be returned in the same condition in which they were given. For your convenience cleaning supplies are available at the front desk at no extra cost. Please return your key and/or white guest card to the Miner Village front desk (see office hours listed above). Failure to return the room key will result in a $55 lock change fee. Failure to return the guest card will result in a $25 replacement fee.
When you leave your apartment, make sure all windows are closed, all lights are turned off, take all trash out to the dumpster, turn off the AC/Heating unit, and close and lock the front door.
Please contact the front office or the RA On-Call of the respective property at least 30 minutes prior to your departure.