Early Registration Summer 2020 and Fall 2020
Early Registration is Coming!
Military Affiliated Students will be able to register early for Summer and Fall 2020 beginning March 23, 2020 at 12:01 AM. In order to take advantage of priority registration, please ensure that you have been advised by your department on or before this date
Summer 2020 Electronic Certification Process:
If you attended UTEP and used a VA benefit and/or Hazlewood during the Fall 2019 AND/OR Spring 2020 semester then you are eligible.
Fall 2020 Electronic Certification Process:
If you attended UTEP and used a VA benefit and/or Hazlewood during the Spring 2020 AND/OR Summer 2020 semester then you are eligible.
Using Hazlewood for Fall 2020? You will need to submit a NEW paper application with wet signature to the MSSC. Applications can be found on:
Using VA? You will need to submit an update / current Letter of Eligibility to the MSSC.
Certification Order - Once registered for classes, you will be certified in day order received and certified using the benefit you have elected to use.
Changing Benefits - If there is a change in benefit type you are using, please notify the MSSC by stopping by the office or via email email@example.com
- Declining Benefits - If you wish to not use all of your benefits or not use them for a specific class, you must complete a Declination of Benefits form found here. This form can be turned in via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or in person by stopping by our office.
- Summer 2020 Complete withdrawals - If you completely withdrew from the Fall 2019 and/or Spring 2020 semester, please email our office or visit our office as soon as you are registered for your courses to prevent any delays in being certified.
- Fall 2020 Complete withdrawals - If you completely withdrew from the Spring 2020 and/or Summer 2020 semester, please email our office or visit our office as soon as you are registered for your courses to prevent any delays in being certified.
Supporting Documentation – If there is any missing documentation needed, a school certifying official will contact you via email. Please turn in these documents to prevent any delays in processing your certification.
- VA Certificate/Letter of Eligibility- A current/new Certificate or Letter of Eligibility will be required to be turned in either in person or Via Email. This will assist us in determining eligibility.
- Residency: If you are not listed as a Texas resident with UTEP and have been on a residency waiver please ensure the waiver is still valid for both the upcoming summer and fall enrollment periods. Please note that residency waivers are only valid for one year and if it has expired visit MSSC for further guidance on which waivers you may qualify for.
- Degree Plans: Courses not approved by VA: Non-program electives, non-contributing courses, GPA courses, and free electives. If any of your courses populate under these categories on your degree evaluation from Goldmine please request a completed and signed degree plan from your advisor. Please note blank degree plans will not be accepted, degree plans are valid for one year and degree plans with hand written annotations need to be emailed directly from your advisor to email@example.com
In person Certification:
If you did not attend in the previous TWO semesters and wish to use your VA benefit or Hazlewood, please visit our office to begin using your benefit.
Requesting certification – Once registered for your classes, please visit our office to request certification
- Email certification- If you are unable to physically visit our office, please email us your request for certification. Please ensure to include the following information:
- First and Last Name
- UTEP ID Number
- Benefit you are using
If you will be requesting Tuition Assistance, please follow the guidelines of your respective service (Army, Navy, Marine Corps, Air Force, and Coast Guard). If you have any questions, please contact Darren Pursel (UTEP’s Tuition Assistance Representative) at (915) 219- 4402, or firstname.lastname@example.org.