Congratulations on your acceptance to UTEP! Now that you have been admitted it’s time to prepare for your orientation experience!
UTEP Transfer Student Orientation is required and free to all new students. Transfer Student Orientation shares information and tools to support a successful transition from your previous institution to UTEP. Learn about your college and the education opportunities available to you, discover what UTEP campus life is about and connect with new and current students, learn how to navigate the university during a campus tour, and meet with various departments and programs to learn about student services and resources.
Before you can register to attend Transfer Student Orientation, you must:
Registering for Orientation
Once you have completed the above items, you are eligible to register for Transfer Student Orientation. Click the button below to review orientation dates.CLICK HERE FOR ORIENTATION DATES
Preparing for Orientation
At orientation you will connect with your advisor and register for classes. Follow current students to see what being a Miner is all about. Learn about your major and the opportunities available to you as an undergraduate. Discover student services and resources that UTEP has to share with you. And uncover UTEP opportunities, services, and programs that will benefit you as a student leader and your future career path.
Need somewhere to stay during orientation?
If you need somewhere to stay during your orientation, please: go to the Housing and Residence Life website for information. All request must be made at least two weeks prior to your orientation session.
Items you need to bring with you during your orientation session:
- Writing utensils
- Photo ID
- Copy of your credit evaluation or latest transcript for your reference during advising and registration if you have taken dual credit courses
- A laptop or tablet to learn more about navigating through My.UTEP.edu (highly recommended if you have one)
- Evidence of immunization against Bacterial Meningitis (If applicable)
- Money for snacks and lunch (Meal combos range from $6 - $8)
- Comfortable clothing and shoes (We will be walking all around campus!)
- Bottled water (suggested)
- Sunscreen (suggested)
- Umbrella (suggested)