Mental Health Resources for UTEP Students
The University of Texas at El Paso (UTEP) offers students, including veterans and active duty, a wide range of mental-health related resources on and off campus. The on campus resources include counseling and treatment when there is a need, to support for recovery. Expertise is also available when there is a crisis, or just having a contact on campus if you have been hospitalized. Students with interest in the various mental health fields can also explore opportunities through academic programs offered on campus and online, as well as participate in faculty research. For off campus resources, there are a wide range of outpatient, inpatient and emergency services in the greater El Paso community. Please review the following list of resources for additional information.
Counseling and Treatment:
- Counseling and Psychological Services (CAPS)
Union West, Room 202
500 W University Ave.
El Paso, Texas 79968
After Hours Crisis Line: (915) 747-5302
- UTEP Concussion Management Clinic, (915) 747-7250\
- Center for Advocacy, Resources and Education (CARE) program (915) 747-7500 (specialty: victims of crime)
- Center for Accommodations and Support Services (CASS) – ADA Accommodations.
- National Alliance on Mentally Ill (NAMI) - UTEP Campus Chapter.
- Collegiate Recovery Program
- Student Recovery Organization (SRO) (FACEBOOK LINK)
- UTEP Wellness Program
- Student Support (915) 747-5342
Intervention and Absence Notification:
- Behavioral Assessment Team
- University Police Department
- Office of Student Life/Dean of Students (absence notification)
Academic Programs and Research:
- Psychology Department – College of Liberal Arts
- Department of Educational Psychology and Special Services – College of Education
- Department of Speech-Language Pathology – College of Health Sciences
- Department of Rehabilitation Counseling – College of Health Sciences
- Department of Social Work – College of Health Sciences
El Paso Community Resources and Mental Health Authority:
- Inpatient/Outpatient: Emergence Health Network, 1600 Montana Ave., Crisis Line (915) 779-1800
- Hospital-Public: University Medical Center Emergency Room, 4815 Alberta Ave. (915) 521-7700
- Hospital-Public: El Paso Psychiatric Center 4615 Alameda Ave (915) 532-2202
- Hospital-Private: El Paso Behavioral Health 1900 Denver Ave. (915) 544-4000.
- Center Against Family and Sexual Violence. 24 Hour Assistance (915) 593-7300
- Child Crisis Center of El Paso (915) 562-7995