Frequently Asked Questions
Can I still go to the gym now that classes are over?
Are lockers available for rent at the Student Recreation Center?
Is parking at the Student Recreation Center free?
Is the Student Recreation Center open during the semester holidays?
How do I reserve field space at the Student Recreation Center?
How soon in advance must I submit my request to reserve field space?
Why is University Field not available for Open Recreation use?
Who is permitted access to the Multi-Purpose Field (MPF)?
Why are the pools open continuously?
Are there any restriction on swimwear?
Do I have to shower before entering the pool?
When can we use the diving boards?
Can I still get in the pool if I don’t know how to swim?
What does the swimming pool offer?
Below are some of the features that make the Student Recretion Center’s swimming facility unique:
- Recreational Pool: Depth range (0ft - 4ft6in) ADA Access
- Zero Entry:
- There is a zero-entry area that gradually increases in depth from 0ft to 4ft6in. This area is popular with children, elder patrons, and provides easier access for patrons with injuries or requiring accommodations.
- Swimming Lanes:
- The recreational area offers 5 swimming lanes that range in depth from 3ft6in to 4ft6in, and measure 25 meters in length. The water in the recreational pool is maintained at approximately 86 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Water Basketball/Volleyball Area:
- The recreational area also offers a water basketball/volleyball area where patrons can have a wonderful time with their family members or friends. The area’s depth ranges from 3ft6in to 4ft6in.
- Competitive Pool: Depth range (3ft6in – 13ft) ADA Access
- Swimming Lanes:
The competitive pool sports 10 swimming lanes that range from 3ft6in to 13ft. The swimming lanes are 25 yards in length and the water temperature is maintained at 81 degrees Fahrenheit. The four lanes in the deep end of the competitive pool can be merged to allow access to our one-meter and three-meter diving boards (see question 4 for inquiries regarding the diving boards). Diving blocks can also be placed on some of the swimming lanes (ask the aquatic supervisor for availability upon your visit).